Death is uncertain yet inevitable. With death comes the responsibility of organizing funeral ceremony to pay homage to the departed souls. Planning for funeral services comes with benefits, but one does not know how to approach the subject to the elderly parents. It’s awkward to ask your parents what they would want in the final journey of life. However, pre planning a funeral is now becoming rampant as people want to avoid the stress of financial burden in case of an unexpected death. Below we give you a personal planning guide for funeral services.
- Use of humour– Getting started is the most difficult job. There is no such formula to initiate this discussion but using humour would make the matter light and amusing. Show your parents that you care about their wishes and that’s why you want the final journey of their lives to be according to their wishes.
- Plan your funeral first– It is important to pre plan your funeral so as to get accustomed to the norms and other factors to be taken in consideration while pre planning a funeral. It will give you an idea on the steps required to plan a funeral ceremony and also the cost of it all. This can make easy answering to your parent’s queries when the subject is raised to them. Once you are sure of how things work out while planning a funeral ceremony in advance you will be able to handle all your parents’ woes and help them plan their funeral efficiently and easily.
- Talk about past family traditions– Every family has their own traditions which they follow in their funeral service. Some may follow rituals coming down from generations. It is best to ask your parents if they would like the same traditional funeral ceremony on their and omit or adda fewof their choice.
- Take help from a funeral director– A funeral director makes arrangements for the funeral which includes transportation of the dead body,burial or cremation process and just about everything else related to the task of arranging a funeral. It is best to involve the funeral director in your conversation with your parents while pre planning a funeral ceremony. They will tell them the benefits of planning a funeral in advance which will relieve stress on you.
- Show your respect– Amidst all the discussion, it is important to show how much you respect your parents and honour their wishes. Remind them that they would do anything to fulfil their last wishes.
Pre planning a funeral ceremony of your parents is not as difficult as it seems. Regardless of what age your parents are, pre planning a funeral is necessary. Do not postpone this conversation until it is too late. Encourage your loved ones to talk about their desires and plan a funeral in advance to give them the best funeral services after they are gone and bid them a perfect farewell.