Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
Anthyesti’s Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar community in southern India upholds distinct funeral and cremation practices. Upon the demise of an Iyengar individual, the family initiates the process with a turmeric and water bath for the body, followed by adorning it in fresh, simple white attire. A procession, accompanied by the singing of mantras and Hindu passages, carries the deceased on a bier to the community-specific Iyengar cremation ground. Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
Anthyesti Funeral services extends personalized funeral services of the rich funeral traditions of the Iyengar community, In the event of a bereavement in an Iyengar family, our compassionate team undertakes the ritualistic turmeric water bath for the departed and adorns them in traditional white attire. With reverence, we convey the body to the dedicated Iyengar cremation ground. During the ceremony, our team recites mantras to honor the departed soul, while the principal mourner encircles the body with an oil lamp, places money and sesame seeds on the chest, and ignites the funeral pyre. On the thirteenth day, we respectfully collect the ashes for immersion in the sacred Cauvery River. Our commitment is to provide solace to grieving families by tailoring funeral rites in harmony with Iyengar customs. Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
Our Comprehensive Features for Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
We offer meticulously planned rituals at our Iyengar Community Funeral Services that are customized for each day of sorrow, from Day 1 to Day 14, providing a thorough and focused way to pay respect to the departed.
The 13-day funeral rites are carried out in a systematic manner by the Iyengar Community:
- Day 1: On the day of death, priests recite prayers and hymns and carry out Kriyas and rituals. Additional rituals and Dhanam Kriya at the funeral pyre come next.
- Day 2/ 3: The charred remains, including ashes and bones, are collected for the Asthi Visarjan, a ceremony in which the deceased’s remains are submerged in sacred bodies of water and prayers are offered for the deceased’s comfort.
- Day 1–Day 9: Every day, a daily offering is made in honor of Nitya Karma and Shraddha.
- Day 10: The act of “offering services” is called Pind Daan. This respectable process is handled by a team of competent clerics.
- Day 11: Active chanting, or Rudrajapam, is performed by a group of priests. Pind Daan and Shraddh also offer the departed a tender farewell.
- Day 12: Priests receive Karya and Danam (offerings) on Sapindikarana, which is observed.
- Day 13: Periodic Shraddhs, or Masika, are performed and given collectively along with familiar rites and songs.
- Day 13 and 14: Vaikuntha Samaradhane, a funeral feast, is attended by a small group of family members and friends.
Cremation Services for Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
Anthyesti Funeral Services is dedicated to providing the Iyengar community with personalized cremation services that align with their deeply rooted traditions. When a member of the Iyengar community passes away, our empathetic team adheres to Iyengar customs by conducting a turmeric water bath and dressing the deceased in pristine white attire. Subsequently, we handle the dignified transfer of the remains to the esteemed Iyengar cremation grounds. Here, in accordance with tradition, the chief mourner lights the funeral pyre and performs the concluding rituals with an oil lamp. Throughout the ceremony, our team recites sacred passages to honor the departed. Following this, we gather the ashes for a reverent immersion in the sacred Cauvery River. Our Iyengar cremation services are meticulously crafted to uphold traditional practices, providing solace to the grieving family during this challenging time for Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community.
Asthi Visarjan for Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
For bereaved Iyengar families seeking closure, Anthyesti Funeral Services offers personalized asthi visarjan rituals. After the cremation and once the pyre has cooled, our compassionate team respectfully gathers the ashes, adhering to the traditional Iyengar cremation customs. These ashes are then placed in an urn chosen by the grieving family. On the thirteenth day following the cremation, we accompany the family to the banks of the Cauvery River or another sacred water body for the final asthi visarjan rites, as dictated by Iyengar faith. While the family prepares for the immersion of ashes into the holy waters, symbolizing the serene conclusion of the soul’s onward journey, our priest recites Sanskrit passages. We facilitate these rituals in accordance with Iyengar beliefs, aiming to alleviate the sorrow of loss. Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community.
What we offer
- All requirements for the Samagri, or last rites and rituals, for Antim Sanskaar have been fully organized.
- Pandit, Dasappa, knowledgeable and flexible priests, and general assistance on customs and procedures.
- 24-hour wood pyre and electric cremation services with flexible alternatives available.
- A certified physician is on call to provide the FORM 4 Death Certificate at the residence.
- Depending on your needs and preferences, funeral services can be provided throughout several places, including Kashi, Prayagraj, Haridwar, Gokarna, Rameshwaram, etc.
- Dead Body Transportation guarantees timely delivery right to your door when moving between cities.
- Dead body transportation within the city using hearse, ambulance or mortuary vans, as well as any necessary decorations for Funeral and Cremation Services for the Iyengar Community
- To preserve the corpse or remains overnight, use a freezer box.
- Making plans and reserving times at the Ghat or Crematorium
- Helping to obtain government-issued Authorized Death Certificates.
- Shraadh, the twelve-day, thirteen-day, and monthly ceremonies and preparations for the afterlife
- Service and supply schedule for the ninth, twelfth, or thirteenth day ceremonies.
- Funeral services that are available across the country and that use multiple languages to express love and respect.
The funeral traditions upheld by the Iyengar community in Tamil Nadu are deeply ingrained, embodying their profound beliefs about the journey into the afterlife. Following these long-standing customs provides solace and purpose to grieving Iyengar families, infusing meaning into the sorrow that accompanies the loss of a cherished member. Each observed ritual, from the ceremonial bathing and dressing in pure white symbolizing purity to the procession to the cremation site reciting sacred scriptures, reflects a deep connection to faith. Anthyesti’s specialized Iyengar funeral services are crafted to imbue these moments with significance, offering support to grieving families as they navigate their grief through the lens of their cherished customs.
Contact us 9883318181
- Ambulance (6)
- Anthyesti Biopic Cinema (11)
- Blogs (73)
- Condolences (3)
- Cremation Center (10)
- Cremation Service (54)
- Dead Body Carrier (20)
- Dead Body Freezer Box (49)
- Dead Body Transport (81)
- dead body van (2)
- Death Ceremony (3)
- FAQ (21)
- Freezer box (20)
- Funeral Communities (10)
- Funeral Service (39)
- General (5)
- hearse van service (48)
- Last Rites Pujas (2)
- Last Rites Rituals (10)
- Media Mentions (10)
- Pind Daan (1)
- Pitru Paksha (2)
- Pre Planning Funeral (9)
- Priest Funeral Service (2)
- Shraadh Rituals (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Vaikunta Samaradhane rituals (1)
- We are in News (19)